Thursday, June 7, 2007

Consulting

One of my colleague, also a good friend of mine is leaving the project soon, and best friend of mine lost the project because of insufficient funds. This made me write this article. Both of their situations reminded me of one of my friends saying " We are traveling on a rocky road, we do not know which rock is on our way that stops us". Don't you see there is a similarity between this rocky road and our contracting life. If you are asked to terminate the project you have to, even though you have been working for them for couple of years. This may not be true everywhere, but this is happening.



I was thinking about this from past one week. I see both good and bad in this. Good thing is that you will get to know many environments, you will see different kinds of people(managers) with different attitude if you change the projects and you can visit different places. Bad thing is that if you want to settle in one place I feel this is going to be a problem in consulting.

My philosophy about work - Many will be traveling on the road. If you slow your vehicle, nobody will stop/wait for you. In fact they cross you and move forward. Similar is our life/work. If we slow down, other people will grab our opportunity.

What do you say?

Cheers,
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really swetha philosophy about work is gud...i like it...its true..

nice work go on

G said...

Thank you.

Nethead said...

glad to be reading your blog