Tuesday, September 18, 2007

QWERTY

Does this sound familiar to you. Yes, it does. This is the most common term when it comes to passwords :-). ohh wait, this word is more familiar to me than the password. Any guesses?? Ok, I will directly come to the point. Those are the first six keys on the keyboard below numbers and our keyboards are called QWERTY keyboards. For more information on QWERTY keyboards, you can go through the below link.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dcrehr/whyqwert.html


I was reading newspaper in the metro. There is an article that is published in the newspaper about Emoticon that said " :-)
Twenty-five years ago, three keystrokes - a colon followed by a hyphen and a parenthesis - were first used as a horizontal "smiley face" in a computer message by Carnegie Mellon University professor Scott E. Fahlman, the university said". I was thinking about the professor, how creative he would have been, and then I got a doubt, is there a specific order for the keys on the keyboard or they are just arranged randomly. The order of keys on the keyboard were arranged to increase the typing speed to 100 words per minute on the type writer.

One of my colleague gave me some information about the keyboards that the key Return on the type writers keyboard is in turn replaced by Enter on electronic keyboards produced by IBM and later on special keys like function keys and number pads were included on the keyboards.

Isn't it exciting to know such stuff. To me yes it is, because I didn't know this earlier. Its good to know things we do not know about.

Will come up with such interesting things soon.

Cheers,
G

No comments: